Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search

What do I do if I am accused of sexual misconduct?

  • Do not contact the complainant.
  • Contact the Office of Equal Opportunity, which will explain the university’s procedures for addressing sexual misconduct complaints, explain the rights and responsibilities of the complainant and respondent, explain the prohibition against retaliation, and explain the adjudication process.

What rights do I have if I am accused of sexual misconduct?

  • You have the right to receive notice of the allegations and an opportunity to be heard and present your side and any witnesses that you identify in support of your side.
  • You have the right to access a stay-away request and/or no-contact order as well as housing and academic accommodations.
  • You have the right to a support person of your choice to attend meetings with you related to the case.
  • You have the right to a prompt and equitable investigation.
  • You will have the opportunity to fully provide your side to the investigator.
  • As a student, you have access to the Tufts Counseling and Mental Health Service.

Who can I talk to?

The Sexual Misconduct Resource Specialist is a confidential resource for all students. The SMRS can help with your accessing resources and support throughout the Sexual Misconduct Adjudication Process (SMAP).